Innovation and mental health research:
What are innovative approaches to address the gap between research and policy?
Date: Wednesday 16 May 2012
Time: 5.30pm drinks for 6pm start
Venue: ANU Commons Function Room, cnr Marcus Clarke St and Barry Dr
RSVP: Jennifer.Eadie@anu.edu.au, (02) 6125 7741
Download flyer here (PDF, 225kb).
Over the last two years we have seen an increased budget allocated to the areas of mental health, however, critics argue that the process is moving too slowly and that there are too many gaps in implementation. Furthermore, one might ask, why is it that in many cases, are we disappointed by the translation of research into policy and health care practice?
The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Innovation & Advancement) event, as part of the Australian Innovation Festival, will work to facilitate discussion concerning these issues, asking, how can we innovatively approach them, learning from past mistakes?
Moderated by Dr Norman Swan (Multi-award winning broadcaster and journalist. Host of the ABC Radio National Health Report, presenter of Health Minutes on ABC NewsRadio and ABC Television’s Catalyst). More>>
- Professor Patrick McGorry( Director of ORYGEN, 2010 Australian of Year, UM researcher) More>>
- Mr Bob Wells (Director, Menzies Centre for Health Policy & Australian Primary Health Care Research Institute) More>>
- Professor Kathy Griffiths (Director, ANU Centre for Mental Health Research) More>>
- Professor Helen Christensen (Director, Black Dog Institute, UNSW) More>>
- Senator Penny Wright (Greens Senator for South Australia and spokesperson for legal affairs, mental health, social inclusion, veterans’ affairs, cultural heritage and native title) More>>
- Mr Clyde Rathbone (Business Development, Health Futures; 'Champion' of the White Cloud Foundation; played 52 matches for the ACT Brumbies and 26 test matches for the Australian Wallabies) More>>